- RESPIRATORY TRACT DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Syrup
- Composition : Triprolidine HCl 2.5 mg +Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- Active Substance : Phenylephrine HCl +Triprolidine HCl
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis) or other upper Respiratory allergies:
- Runny nose.
- Itching of the nose or throat.
- Itchy, watery eyes.
- Nasal congestion.
- Reduces swelling of nasal passages.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Do not use this product
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Thyroid disease.
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland.
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
- Excitability may occur, especially in children.
- May cause drowsiness.
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur.
- Cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- New symptoms occur.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
Do not exceed 5 days of treatment.
Adults and Children 12 years of age and older
|teaspoonful (5 ml) every 4 hours, not to exceed 4 teaspoonfuls (20 ml)in 2 hours, or as directed by a doctor|
Children 6 to under 12 years of age
|1/2teaspoonful (2.5 ml) every 4 hours, not to exceed 2 teaspoonfuls (10 ml)in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor|
Children under 6 years of age