- OTHER DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Cream
- Composition : Methylsalicylate 18 g + Menthol 0.75 g + Camphor 1 g + Eucalyptus oil 0.5 g / 100 g
- Active Substance : Methylsalicylate+ Menthol+Camphor+ Eucalyptus oil
* Methyl salicylate : when applied to the skin, it’s absorbed through it for relief of the pain in rheumatic conditions .
* Menthol : when applied to the skin, it dilates the blood vesseles causing a sensation of coldness followed by an analgesic effect . It relieves itching in pruritus and urticaria .
* Camphor : applied externally, it acts as rubefacient and mild analgesic, and it is Empolyed in fibrositis, neuralgia, or similar conditions .
* Eucaliptus oil is rubefacient .
Baum algine cream is used to relieve pain of rheumatic conditions, rheumatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, sciatica, neck pain, chest pain, lumbago, shoulder – blade pain, also after muscular fatigue
( due to sports and strains ), and after trauma
-For external use only.
-Do not apply to wounds or damaged skin and avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
-Discontinue use if rash or irritation occurs. If condition persists for more than 7 days, Consult physician.
-Do not bandage after application and avoid external sources of heat such as heating pads.
-Do not use if you are allergic to salicylates or are taking anticoagulant medications.
-Keep out of reach of children
Dosage & Administration :
Baum algine cream is applied topically ( 3 – 4 ) times daily or according to the Physicians instructions, apply a thin layer on the affected area, massage gently until the cream is absorbed from the skin surface .
Store at room temperature between (15-25) °C
Tube containing 50 g Baum algine cream for external use .