- RESPIRATORY TRACT DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Syrup
- Composition : Paracetamol 60 mg + Diphenhydramine HCl 7.5 mg + Sodium Benzoate 100 mg + Tolo Balsam Syrup 1250 mg/ 5 ml
- Active Substance : Paracetamol+Diphenhydramine HCl+Sodium Benzoate+Tolo Balsam Syrup
Bebe col contains a number of effective materials that have an active effect in the case of
infection of the respiratory system , and the upper respiratory tracts becusae it is considered that :
– Sod .Benzoate : is an expectorant for its active effect in melting the secretions of bronchi .
– Diphenhydramine : is an anti – cough for its inhibition of cough centers in the medulary
bulb , it prevents the bronchial spasm , so it relaxes the plain muscles of the bronchi .
-Paracetamol : An effective analgesic and antipyretic .
– Prevents fever in Infants and children associated with inflammation of respiratory tracts in the cases of influenza .
– As tranquilizer in all cases of cough which have non – hereditary origin especially the irritative and allergic cough .
– The infections of respiratory tract caused by the disturbances of the mucous secretion production.
Contra indications :
– Because of the atropinic effect of the diphenhyramine , it could not be given in cases of closed angle glocoma , and urea retention combined with ureteral prostatic disturbances .
– Dosage should not be increased spontaneously if the cough does not stop only under physician supervision .
Side effects :
– Drowsiness .
– Atropinic effects as the increasing of the viscosity of the bronchial secretions ,
disturbances of the accommodation , urea retention , constipation and mental confusion or
excitement at the elders .
– Rare cases of gastro intestinal effects .
– Rare cases of leukopenia and granulopenia .
– Some cases of excitement may occur at children and infants babies if the dose is
Bebe col should not be given with medicines such as :
1- The depressants of central nervous system ( somnifacient and narcotics ).
2- Medicine which have atropinic effect (antihistaminic , antidepressants from the group of
the imipramines , antipsychotic from the group of the phenothiazine ,antiparkinson ,
anticholinegics , atropinic antispasmodics , and dispramide ) .
– Alcohol should not be given during treatment period .
– Driving cars and working on the dangerous machines are not recommended.
– It should not be given during pregnancy and nursing period .
Usage & Administration :
– Children ( 6 – 10 years ) : one spoonful ( 10 ml ) ( 3 – 4 ) times daily .
– It is contraindicated in children less than 6 years of age .
– Therapy duration should not exceed 5 days .
Storage Conditions: Store up to 25oc .
A bottle of 100 ml .