- ANTISPASMODIC DRUGS AND ANTIEMETICS
- GASTROINTESTINAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Suppositories
- Composition : Hyoscine Butylbromide 7.5 mg / Supp
- Active Substance : Hyoscine Butylbromide
Hyoscine butylbromide is atropine like substance that has antimuscarinic peripheral action,
because it is not capable to pass the blood brain barrier, so it is used for its peripheral
– Gastrointestinal tract : analgesic and antispasmodic effects in intestinal and biliary colic.
– Urinary tract : analgesic and antispasmodic effects in renal and ureteral colic .
– It is also used in dysmenorrhea and ante partum pains .
– It is an analgesic and antispasmodic in performing radiologic and endoscopic procedures
– It is analgesic in muscular pains resulting from trauma and fractures .
– Prostatic hypertrophy with probable urinary retention .
– Closed angle glaucoma .
– xerostomia and saliva hyposecretion.
– Bronchial secretions concentration . – Constipation.
– Urinary retention, especially when there is subtotal obstruction in the urinary tract .
– Lacrimal hyposecretion, and accommodation disturbances in very rare cases.
– This drug should be used with caution in patients with hepatic dysfunction
-In patients with chronic bronchitis because of bronchial secretions hyperviscosity.
-And in patients with coronary cardiac disease or cardiac arrhythmias
Drug interactions should be considered in concomitant use with:
– Anti-parkinsonism medications, and tricyclic antidepressants, and phenothiasines .
– H1 receptor antihistamines .
Dosage & administration:
Children under 6 years: one suppository of (Buscomed children) once or twice daily.
Children above 6 years: one suppository of (Buscomed children) three times daily.
Adults: one suppository of (Buscomed adults) three times daily or 12- tablets three times
daily or as the doctor’s advice.
Tablets and suppositories: store in a dry place below 25˚C.
Tablets: box of 20 – 30 ctd.tab.
Adults suppositories: 6 supps.in each box
Children suppositories: 6 supps.in each box