- ANTIHYPERTENSIVE DRUGS
- CARDIOVASCULAR DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Tablets
- Composition : Captopril 50 mg + Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg / Tab
- Active Substance : Hydrochlorothiazide +Captopril
Captopril is a converting enzyme ( ACE ) inhibtor of angiotensin I to angiotensin II which reduces
peripheral resistance and lowers blood pressure .
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic which reduces the reabsorption of electrolytes from
the renal tubules, thereby increasing the excretion of Sodium and chloride ions and water
* Hypertension .
* Congestive heart failure .
* Hypersensitivity to one of the components .
* Anuria .
* Aortic stenosis .
* Pregnancy and lactation .
Side effects :
Skin rash, cough, proteinuria, angioedema, bronchospasm, hyperkalaemia, orthostatic hypotension,
dizziness, vomiting, dry mouth, and rarely neutropenia, and agranulocytosis.
* Captozide sholuld be used with caution in patients with impaired renal or hepatic function, or
collagen disease .
* All patients receiving thiazide therapy should be observed for clinical signs of fluid or electrolyte
* Patients should be warned against interruption of medication unless instructed by the physician
* Patients with renal disease or taking high doses should be monitored regularly for proteinuria
* Regular white blood cell counts may be necessary in patients taking Captozide for long period
* Dosage adjustments of antidiabetic agents may be necessary .
Drug interactions :
* Indomethacin and Aspirin may reduce the antihypertensive effect of Captozide .
* Diuretics and other antihypertensive agents enhance the hypotensive effect of ACE inhibitors
* Captozide should not be taken with potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium supplements and
Dosage & Administration :
* Captozide should be taken one hour before meals .
* The initial dose is one tablet once daily .
* Dosage must be individulized according to patients response . Dosage adjustments should
generally be made at 6 weeks intervals, unless the clinical situation demands more rapid adjustment.
Storage conditions : store up to 25°C
Packaging : Box contains 20 Tab.