- NONSTEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : S.R. Capsules
- Composition : Indometacin 75 mg / S.R.Caps
- Active Substance : Indometacin
Endomed is indicated in the following cases :
* Rheumatoid arthritis . * Moderate to severe juvenile rheumatoid arthritis .
* Degenerative joint disease of the hip * Ankylosing spondylitis .
* Osteoarthritis . * Gout
It is also indicated for :
* Acut , musculoskeletal disorders, such as bursitis, tenositis, synovitis, tenosynovitis, tendinous
Synovitis , capsulitis of the shoulder , sprains and strains .
* Low back pain ( lumbago ) .
* Fever ( as a short term adjunct to specific therapy ) .
* Inflammation, pain, and swelling following dental procedures .
* Inflammation, pain, and swelling following articular surgical procedures and nonsurgical procedures and associated with reduction and immobilization of fractures or dislocations .
* Pain and symptoms associated of primary dysmenorrea .
Dosage & Administration :
* Endomed (25-50) Capsules :The recommended dosage of Endomed (25-50) Capsules is 50 – 200 mg daily in divided doses as the clinical state .
* Endomed 75 S.R. Capsules contain 75 mg. of Indometacin granules , 25 mg. is released immediately and remaining 50 mg. over approx 12 hours ( 90% of daily dose absorbed by 12 hours)
The usual dose is one Endomed 75 capsule in the evening , the dose can be increased to (1-2) capsules daily as physician prescribtion .