- NONSTEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Suppositories
- Composition : Indometacin 100 mg / Supp
- Active Substance : Indometacin
Indometacin is highly effective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent with marked analgesic
and antipyretic properties, and it is a potent inhibitor for prostaglandin synthesis in vitro Indometacin has been shown to be an appropriate for long-term use in rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and osteoarthritis .
Indometacin has been found effective in relieving the pain, reducing the fever, swelling, redness, and tenderness of acute gouty arthritis .
Indomethacine – medico is indicated in the following cases :
* Rheumatoid arthritis . * Moderate to severe juvenile rheumatoid arthritis .
* Degenerative joint disease of the hip * Ankylosing spondylitis .
* Osteoarthritis . * Gout
It is also indicated for :
* Acute musculoskeletal disorders, such as bursitis, synovitis, tenosynovitis, tenositis, capsulitis of the shoulder
-blade, sprains and strains .
* Low back pain ( lumbago ) .
* Fever ( as a short term adjunct to specific therapy ) .
* Inflammation, pain, and swelling following dental procedures .
* Inflammation, pain, and swelling following procedures associated with reduction and Immobilization of
fractures or dislocations .
* Pain associated with symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea .
Indomethacine – medico should not be used in the following cases :
* Hypersensitivity to any components of this product .
* Patients who have acute asthmatic attack, urticaria, or allergic rhinitis are precipited by Aspirin or other non-Steroidal anti-inflammatory agents .
* It should not be given in patients with peptic ulcer or with a recurrent history of gastro intestinal ulceration .
*Indomethacine – medico is not recommended during pregnancy or in nursing mothers .
* Indomethacine – medico supp is not recommended in patients with history proctitis or recent rectal Bleeding .
Drug interactions :
-diflunisal and salicylates with Indometacin should not be used concomitantly .
– Indometacin when used concomitantly with probenecid or methotrexate , the dosage should be Decreased .
* should be used with caution in patients with psychiatric problems , Parkinsonism , or epilepsy .
* should be used with caution in patients with cardiac disorders or hypertension .
* should be used with care in the aged .
Side effects :
* Central nervous system ( headache, accompanied sometimes by dizziness or light headness ) .
* Cardiovascular : Fluid retention and edema .
* Allergic reactions : skin rash,urticaria .
* In rare cases, administration of – Indomethacine – medico supp. may causes tenesmus orIrritation of mucosa
Dosage & Administration :
(1 – 3) supp. per day in divided doses as clinical state .
Storage conditions : Store in dry place below 25o C
Packaging : Box contains (10) supps.