- LOCAL ANAESTHEITICS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Gel
- Composition : Lidocaine HCl 20 mg / 1 g
- Active Substance : Lidocaine HCl
Lidogel has two important actions :
1- Topical anesthetic,
2- Colourless lubricant, for easier insertion of devices used in endoscopy
procedures, so it doesn’t cause any confusion on endoscopy examinations .
* Local anesthetic in haemorrhoids, skin burns and insects bites .
* All cases which required narcosis of the urethra for scopy .
*Urological catheterization .
* Esophagoscopy, proctoscopy and cystoscopy .
* Lidogel is contra indicated in patients with a known history of hypersensitivity to local anesthetics of amide type or other components .
* Should not be used on eyes and opened wounds .
* Should be used with caution in patients with known drug sensitivity and to other para- amino-benzoic acid derivatives .
* Given carefully for pregnant and nursing mother .
Side effects :
Sensitive reactions may appear as : dermal lesion, urticaria, edema, an anaphylactic reactions .
Dosage & Administration :
* For local anesthecia of male adults urethra according to physician instrunctions
* Apply locally in a thin layer on affected area 2 – 3 times daily .
Storage conditions :
Store up to 25°C
Tube of 5 – 30 g.