- ANTIFUNGAL DRUGS
- DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Solution for external use
- Composition : Clotrimazole 10 mg / 1 ml
- Active Substance : Clotrimazole
Mycomed is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot; (the main symptom for both is an itchy, scaly and irritating rash), fungal intertrigo (sweat rash of skin folds) and fungal infections of the outer ear (otitis externa) and middle ear (otomycoses).
This preparation is particularly suitable for use on hairy skin.
The active substance in Mycomed is clotrimazole.
Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles and is an antifungal agent which fights the cause of fungal skin and ear infections.
Hypersensitivity to Clotrimazole or the other ingredients of the product.
Mycomed and ear drops that contains any of the following (dexamethasone, framycine suphate, gramicidine) may cause a heat reaction when used together. Consult your doctor before using these products together in the ear.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Clotrimazole can be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding, but only under the supervision of a physician.
SPECIAL WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS FOR USE:
Mycomed is for external use only
Do not put it in your mouth or swallow it.
If you experience an allergic reaction, stop using Mycomed and tell your doctor straight away. Signs of an allergic reaction may include:
• Swallowing or breathing problems.
• Swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
• Weakness, feeling dizzy or faint
After you apply the solution you might experience:
• Itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort, swelling, irritation or peeling of skin.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
• For skin infections, Mycomed should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily.
• For ear infections, put 2 – 3 drops of Mycomed in the ear two or three times daily.
• The treatment should be continued for at least two weeks after the disappearance of all signs of infection, to prevent re-infection.
Do not store above 25oC
Mycomed cream: 20g
Mycomed solution: 15ml – 30 ml