- OBSTETRIC AND GYNECOLOGICAL DRUGS
- ANTIFUNGAL DRUGS
- DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Cream
- Composition : Miconazole Nitrate 20 mg / 1 g
- Active Substance : Miconazole Nitrate
PHARMACOLOGICAL CLASSIFICATION: Antifungal
Cures most athlete’s foot, jock itch, and ringworm.
Relieves itching, burning, cracking, scaling and discomfort which accompany these conditions.
MECHANISM OF ACTION:
Miconazole kills fungi and yeasts by interfering with their cell membranes. It works by stopping the fungi from producing a substance called ergosterol, which is an essential component of fungal cell membranes. The disruption in production of ergosterol disrupts the fungal cell membrane, causing holes to appear in it.
The cell membranes of fungi are vital for their survival.
Skin irritation (e.g. burning sensation, redness, warmth, itching) at the application site.
PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING:
- This medicine should be used with caution during pregnancy, and only if the expected benefit to the mother is greater than any possible risk to the developing baby. You should seek medical advice from your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant.
- It should be used with caution by breastfeeding mothers, and only if the expected benefit to the mother is greater than any possible risk to the baby. You should seek medical advice from your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding. If you do use the cream while breastfeeding, you should not apply it to the skin of the breasts shortly before giving a feed, to avoid it being ingested by the nursing infant
- Do not use on children under 2 years of age except under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
- For external use only.
- When using this product avoid contact with eyes.
- Stop using this product and ask a doctor
- irritation occurs
- There is no improvement within 4 weeks (for athlete’s foot and ringworm) or 2 weeks (for jock itch).
- do not use for diaper rash
- If swallowed, get medical help
- Miconazole is unlikely to be absorbed through the skin in sufficient amounts to significantly affect other medicines that you are taking by mouth.
- If you are taking warfarin, there is a very small chance that miconazole absorbed from this cream may enhance the effect of the warfarin.
- If you are using other topical medicines or moisturisers on the same area of skin it is recommended that you leave about 30 minutes between applying each product.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
- wash affected area and dry thoroughly
- Apply a thin layer over affected area twice daily (morning and night) or as directed by a doctor
- supervise children in the use of this product
- for athlete’s foot, pay special attention to spaces between the toes, wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes and change shoes and socks at least once a day
- for athlete’s foot and ringworm use daily for 4 weeks, for jock itch use daily for 2 weeks
- if conditions persist longer, ask a doctor
- This product is not effective on the scalp or nails.
STORAGE: store up to 25°C