- DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- OTHER DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Cream
- Composition : Mepyramine Maleate 20 mg / 1 gr
- Active Substance : Mepyramine Maleate
mepyramine maleate , an ethylene diamine derivative , is an antihistamine with antimuscarinic properties .
New allergex cream is used for :
* insect bites or stings .
* symptomatic relief of hypersensitivity reactions and in pruritic skin disorders .
* as with any antihistamine , there is a risk of sensitsation and dermatitis systemic
* side-effects have been reported after topical application to large areas of the skin Precautions :
* should not be used for acute vesicular ( severe blister) and exidative dermatoses
( fluid eruption from the skin).
* for external use only .
* topical preparations containing antihistamines should not be used on broken or eczematous skin .
* safety in pregnancy and lactation has not been established
Drug interactions :
antihistamine may suppress the cutaneous histamine response to allergen extracts and should be stopped several days before skin testing .
dosage and administration :
Apply New allergex cream to the affected area as a thin film ( 2-3) times daily , or as the doctor’s prescription.
Packing: New allergex cream :tube contains 20 g