- ANTI-INFECTIVE & ANTIBACTERIAL DRUGS
- ANTIFUNGAL DRUGS
- DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- TOPICAL CORTICOSTEROIDS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Ointment
- Composition : Nystatin 100000 IU + Triamcinolone acetonide 1 mg + Neomycin ( sulphate ) 2.5 mg + Gramicidin 0.25 mg /1 g
- Active Substance : Nystatin+Triamcinolone acetonide+Neomycin ( sulphate )+Gramicidin
Nystamed-plus combines the potent corticosteroid triamcinolone acetonide with the antifungal
Nystatin and the wide spectrum antibacterial activity of neomycin and gramicidin ,
Nystamed-plus reduces inflammation, relieves pruritis and combats or prevents monilial and bacterial
Nystamed-plus is indicated for use in corticosteroid responsive dermatoses complicated or threatened
by secondary monilial and/or bacterial infections, such as:
Lichen simplex chronicus
Psoriasis (particularly of the face and body folds)
Allergic contact dermatitis
Sensitivity to any of the components of the preparation.
Not indicated in those patients with tuberculous lesions.
Topical or systemic viral infections.
Nystamed-plus is not intended for ophthalmic use, it should not be applied in the external auditory
canal of patients with perforated eardrums
Nystamed-plus cream / ointment should not be used during pregnancy.
Caution should be executed when this medication is administered to a nursing woman.
The following adverse reactions have been reported with topical corticosteroids:
Burning, itching, irritation, dryness, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneform eruptions, hypopigmentation,
Perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, maceration of the skin , secondary infection , skin atrophy, Striae and miliaria .
Nystatin is well tolerated even with prolonged therapy. Irritation and cases of contact dermatitis have
Delayed type hypersensitivity reactions have been reported during use of neomycin, sensitization has
been reported following prolonged use.
Sensitivity reactions to gramicidin have been reported.
In acute weeping skin conditions, transient stinging may be experienced when Nystamed-plus is applied.
– Prolonged use may result in overgrowth if non-susceptible organisms, including fungi other than candida.
– Should superinfection occur, suitable antimicrobial therapy must be administered .
-Application of Nystamed-plus should be discontinued until the infection is adequately controlled
– Use with particular caution in facial dermatoses, and only for short periods , a rosacea-like facies
– Use with caution near the eyes may be produced.
– Nystamed-plus should not be used in nappy areas in infants for flexural eruptions and should be
used with caution in infants and young children .
– If sensitivity or irritation develops, topical use of this medication should be discontinued and appropriate Therapy instituted .
– Because of the potential hazard of nephrotoxicity and ototoxicity, this medication should not be used
In patients with extensive skin damage or other conditions where absorption of neomycin is possible
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
Nystamed-plus Cream & Ointment: Apply a thin film to the affected areas 2 or 3 times daily.
STORAGE CONDITIONS :
Store at room temperature not exceeding 25 C .
Packing: Tube 20 g.
DERMIC CREAM , OINTMENT