- TOPICAL CORTICOSTEROIDS
- ANTI-INFECTIVE & ANTIBACTERIAL DRUGS
- ANTIFUNGAL DRUGS
- DERMATOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Cream
- Composition : Dexamethasone 21 Sod. Phos. 0.5mg+ Gentamicin (Sulphate ) 1 mg + Tolnaphtate 10 mg+ Vioform 10 mg / 1 g
- Active Substance : Dexamethasone 21 Sod. Phos+Gentamicin (Sulphate )+Tolnaphtate+ Vioform
* Dexamethasone 21 – Sodium phosphate: a topical corticosteroid have anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, and vasoconstrictor properties .
* Gentamicin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic which is active against many strains of gram- negative bacteria, including pseudomonas, and also against many strains of gram positive bacteria, including staphylococcus aureus .
* Clioquinol ( Vioform ) effectively inhibits the growth of various mycotic organisms such as microsporum, trichophyton, and candida albicans and gram positive cocci such as staphyloc-cocci and enterococci .
* Tolnaftate is a highly active fungicidal agent that is effective in the treatment of superficial fungus of the skin . It is inactive systemically, non sensiting and usually it does not cause sting or irritate intact or broken skin, even the presence of acute inflammatory reactions .
Polyderm is a complete treatment for compound dermatological conditions in which inflammatory, bacterial, fungal processes or infection associated with candidiasis
– this medicine should not be used for prolonged therapy because the possibility of the overgrowth occurred by the lesions caused by non sensitive organisms , second suprarenal insufficiency , and hyper cortisone symptoms may take place .
– should not be contact with the eye .
– if do not occur improvement after four weeks , discontinue therapy .
– during pregnancy and lactation , should only be used if potential benefit outweighs risk on the baby .
Side effects :xeroderma , burning , puncture , itching , irritation , rash , folliculitis , hirsutism , hypopigmentation , perioral dermatitis , skin maceration, second infection .
Contraindications : Tuberculosis of the skin, syphilitic skin injuries, and viral infections
of the skin , Hypersensitivity to any of its components.
Dosage & Administration : Apply a thin film to the affected area 2 – 3 times daily or as physician prescriptions .
Note : Polyderm cream must not be applied to the conjunctiva .
Storage Conditions: Store up to 25 oC
Packaging : Tubes each containing 20 grams – 40 grams of Polyderm .