- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Prednisolone Sod. Phos. 2.5 mg + Phenylephrine HCl 1.2 mg/ 1 ml
- Active Substance : Prednisolone Sod. Phos.+ Phenylephrine HCl
Phenylephrine is decongestante vasoconstrictor, it provides rapid relief from the itching and edema accompanied with ocular irritation appearance .
Prednisolone is steroid antiinammatory agent with active local effect, it inhibits the inammatory response due to mechanical, chemical or immunological origins
Prednephrine is used in the treatment of :
* Inammatory and allergic conditions ( vernal conjunctivitis, acute iritis , supercial keratitis. )
* Cases of irritation caused by : wind, dust, chemical irritant and long expose to the direct sunlight .
* Irritation from prolonged wearing of contact lenses .
Prednephrine is contraindicated in :
* Patients with closed-angle glaucoma .
* Patients with :
– Acute supercial herpes simplex keratitis
– Fungal diseases of ocular structure
– Cornea and conjunctiva infection with vaccinia, varicella and other viral diseases .
– Ocular tuberculosis
– Hypersensitivity to any components of the product
Side effects :
* Elevation of ocular tonus with possibility development to glaucoma and rarely defect of optic nerve .
* Posterior subcapsular cataract formation .
* Visual acuity and eld defects .
* Ocular burning or pruritus upon instillation .
* Prolonged use may be result mydriasis in some patients .
* Intra ocular pressure should be checked frequently .
* Should not be administrated for children under 3 years .
Dosage & Administration :
Instill two drops in the eye(s) four times daily .
Storage conditions : store up to 30 C protect from light
A bottle contains 5 – 10 ml.