- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Prednisolone acetat 10 mg / 1ml
- Active Substance : Prednisolone acetat
Prednisolone Acetate is a gluco cortisteroid , highly effective, anti- inflammatory agent for the treatment of inflammation from irritating ,mechanical , chemical , or immunological origins .
Predny-F is used in the treatment of :
* Blepharoconjunctivitis .
* Nonspecic supercial keratitis .
* Allergic , non purulent catarrhal , and vernal conjunctivitis .
* Acute iritis .
* Non purulent blepharitis .
* Non purulent phlyctenular keratoconjuctivitis .
Predny-F contra – indicated in the following cases :
* Acute untreated purulent infections .
* Viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva .
* Herpes simplex keratitis .
* Fungal , and tuberculosis diseases of the eye .
* Hypersensitivity to any of the components product.
Side effects :
* Prolonged use may result overgrowth organisms including fungi .
* Glaucoma with optic nerve damage .
* Perforation of the cornea ( globe ) .
* Posterior subcapsular cataract formation .
* Viral and fungal infections of the cornea .
* Prolonged use of topical steroids increases intraocular pressure
which should be checked frequently during therapy .
* Should be used with caution in glaucoma .
* Should be used carefully during lactation and pregnancy periods.
*Suddenly stopping of the treatment may cause acute hypoparaphrenic .
Dosage & Administration :
Instill ( 1 – 2 ) drops into conjunctival sac ( 2 – 4 ) times daily , the dose may increase to two drops every hour in severity cases as the prescription of physician .
Note : once opened the bottle must not be used for longer than one month .
Storage condition : Store up to 25° C .
Prediny – F ophthalmic suspension 10 ml