- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Prednisolone acetat 1.2 mg / 1ml
- Active Substance : Prednisolone acetat
Prednisolone Acetate is a gluco cortisteroid , highly effective anti- inflammatory agent for the treatment of inflammation from irritating ,mechanical , chemical , or immunological origins .
Predny-M is used in the treatment of :
* Blepharoconjunctivitis .
* keratitis and posterior segment of the globe .
* Allergic , vernal conjunctivitis .
* Acute iritis .
* Non purulent blepharitis .
Predny-M contra – indicated in the following cases :
* Acute superficial herpes simplex keratitis .
* Vaccinia , varicella , and other viral diseases of the cornea and Conjunctiva .
* ocular tuberculosis .
* ocular fungal diseases .
* Hypersensitivity to any of the components product .
* Acute purulent untreated infections .
Side effects :
* Prolonged use of topical steroids may result in ocular hypertension in some patients , so advance to check frequently intra
– ocular pressure .
* Posterior subcapsular cataract formation .
* Secondary ocular infections
* Topical steroids have also been reported to cause acute anterior uveitis and pertoration of the globe . Keratitis , conjunctivitis , corneal ulcers , mydriasis , conjunctival hyperemia , loss of accammodation and ptosis have occasionally been reported following local of corticosteroids .
* transient burning and stinging upon instillation and other minor symptoms of ocular irritation have been reported with the use of predny- M Suspension .
* Prolonged use of topical steroids increases intraocular pressure which should be checked frequently during therapy .
* Should be used with caution in glaucom .
* Safety of the use of topical steroids during pregnancy has not been established , should be used with caution in lactation .
* prolonged treatment of topical steroids may produce to cornea Perforation.
* prolonged use may result overgrowth organism including fungi .
* posterior subcapsular cataract formation after protracted use of topical ophthalmic corticosteroids .
Dosage & Administration : Shake well before using
Instill ( 1 – 2 ) drops into conjunctival sac ( 2 – 4 ) times daily , during the initial 24 to 48 hours , the
dose may increase to two drops every hour .
Note : care should be taken not to discontinue therapy prematurely .
once opened the drops must not be used for longer than one month .
Storage Conditions: store up to 30°C away from light .
Packing : Predny-M ophthalmic suspension 10 ml