- RESPIRATORY TRACT DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Oral Solution
- Composition : Salbutamol (As Sulphate ) 2 mg / 5 ml
- Active Substance : (Salbutamol (As Sulphate
Salbutamol is a direct – acting sympathomimetic agent with a relatively selective action on beta2- adrenoceptors stimulant . It is used as a bronchodilator .
Sultamol is indicated for the relief of bronchospasm in bronchial asthma of all types,chronic
bronchitis, and emphysema in patients with reversible obstructive airway disease .
Sultamol oral solution is suitable oral therapy for those adults who prefer liquid medicines, or for
children two years of age .
– Hypersensitivity to any of the components product .
Drug – interactions:
– Beta – receptor blocking agents and Salbutamol inhibit the effect of each other .
Side effects :
– Salbutamol may cause fine tremor of skeletal muscle (particularly the hands), palpitations, muscle
cramps, slight tachycardia, tenseness, headache, and peripheral vasodilation have been reported
in large doses .
-Salbutamol may inerease blood preesure and therefore special care is advisable in patients receving
– should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetns .
– Do not increase the dose or frequency of medication without medical consultation .
– Great care is needed in patients with cardiovascular disease .
– Care is required when sympathomimetic agents are given to patients with diabetes mellitus
or closed – angle glaucoma .
– If the recommended dosage does not provide relief of symptoms or symptoms become worse,
consult your doctor .
Dosage & Administraion :
Adults : the usual effective dose is 4 mg ( one tablet Sultamol 4 or one spoonful ( 10 ml ) of Syrup ) ( 3 – 4 ) times daily ;If adequate bronchodilatation is not obtained each single dose may
be gradually increased up to 8 mg., it is advisable to initiate treatment with 2 mg ( 3 – 4 ) times daily
as Clinical case .
Children : 2- 6 years : 1 – 2 mg as (2.5 – 5 ml) Syrup or (0.5-1 ) tablet sultamol 2 ( 3 – 4 ) times per day .
6 – 12 years : 2 mg. as one tablet Sultamol 2 or one teaspoonful (5 ml ) of syrup ( 3 – 4 ) times per day.
Over 12 years : 2 – 4 mg as one tablet Sultamol 2 or one tablet Sultamol 4 ( 3 – 4 ) times per day.
Storage: Store up to 30 C
Sultamol 2 : 20 – 50 tablets – Sultamol 4 : 20 – 50 tablets
Sultamol Syrup : 100 ml.