- RESPIRATORY TRACT DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Tablets
- Composition : Bromhexin HCl 4 mg + Ephedrine HCl 15 mg + Diphenhydramine HCl 20 mg+ Theophylline anhydrous 100 mg/Tab
- Active Substance : Bromhexin HCl+Ephedrine HCl +Diphenhydramine HCl+Theophylline anhydrous
Thymopectol tablet contains four active material which has an active effect for the treatment of respiratory and upper respiratory tract disorders
– Bromhexine HCL : is a mucolytic agent used in the treatment of respiratory disorders associated
with viscid mucus .
– Ephedrine is both a direct and indirect-acting sympathomimetic agent
Additionally it causes stimulation of the central nervous system , Ephedrine also causes
* Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine with antimuscarinic and pronounced Central sedative properties
It is used for the symptomatic relief of the hypersensitivity reactions .
Theophylline : relaxes bronchial smooth muscle , relieves bronchospasm , and has a stimulant effect
on respiration , it stimulates the myocardium and central nervous system .
– Infections diseases in respiratory system associated with viscid mucus especially acute and
chronic bronchitis .
– All cases of cough especially irritative and allergic cough .
– For the treatment of infection associated with dryness of mucosa , such as Reiter s syndrom and
sjogren s syndrom .
– For relief of broncho spasm accompanied with bronchitis , asthma and acute respiratory infections .
Contra-indications : Thymopectol is contra-indicated in :
– Patients with severe gastric ulcer .
– Hypertension .
– Obstructive myocardiopathy .
– Cases of acidosis .
Side effects :
– Gastro-intestinal disturbances : Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain .
– Headache, vertigo, insomnia, anxiety, termor, agitation .
– Urinary retention and sweating may occure .
Drug interactions : Thymopectol should not be accompanied with :
– MAO inhibitors, antidepressants and digital .
Precautions : Thymopectol should be used with caution in patients with gastric ulcer,
hyperthyroidism , hypertension, arrhythmia .
– Should be used with caution in patients who show hypersensitivity to cardiac effects of Ephedrine .
Thymopectol should be used carefully when driving cars and working on accurate machines .
Thymopectol should be used carefully in patients with epilepsy , prostatic hypertrophy , glaucoma ,
hepatic and renal insufficiency .
Thymopectol should be used during pregnancy and lactation period if clearly needed unless
physician instructions .
Dosage & Administration :
– Children of 7 – 12 years : 1 / 2 Tab. – One Tab. ( 1 – 3 ) times daily .
– Adults : ( 1 – 2 ) Tab. ( 2 – 3 ) times daily .
Storage conditions :
Store up to 30 C .
Box Contains 20 Tablets