- MIOTICS AND ANTIGLAUCOMA DRUGS
- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Dorzolamid 20 mg/ 1 ml
- Active Substance : Dorzolamid
Truso-med eye drops contains dorzolamide hydrochloride an inhibitor of human carbonic anhydrase II following topical ocular administration, Truso-med reduces elevated intraocular pressure.
Elevated intraocular pressure is a major risk factor in the pathogenesis of optic nerve damage and glaucomatous visual field loss.
Truso-med is indicated for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension .
Truso-med is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to any component of this product .
– In patients with severe renal impairment because dorzolamide and its metabolite are excreted predominantly by the kidney , Truso-med is not recommended in such patients.
– Truso-med has not been studied in patients with hepatic impairment and should therefore be used with caution in such patients.
– Patients should be advised that if serious or unusual reactions or signs of hypersensitivity occur, they should discontinue the use of the product.
– Patients should be advised that if they develop any ocular reactions, particularly Conjunctivitis and lid reactions which usually occur in chronic usage of drops they should discontinue use and seek their physician advice.
– Contact lenses should be removed prior to administration of the solution. Lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes following administration of Truso-med
– Truso-med should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit Justifies The potential risk to the fetus (pregnancy category C)
– Because of the potential for serious adverse reactions from Truso-med in nursing infants a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue The drug .
Drug interactions :
-The concomitant administration of Truso-med and oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors is not recommended.
Adverse reactions :
The most frequently reported adverse events were taste perversion( bitter ), or ocular burning and/or stinging , conjunctival hyperemia, blurred vision, superficial punctuate keratitis or eye itching , eye redness , tearing , dryness and photophobia other ocular events and systemic events were reported infrequently including headache, nausea , asthenia / fatigue and rarely skin rashes ,urolithiasis , and iridocyclitis .
Dosage and administration :
The dose is one drop of Truso-med in the affected eye(s) three times daily .
Truso-med may be used concomitantly with other topical ophthalmic drug products to lower intraocular pressure If more than one topical ophthalmic drug is being used , the drugs should be administered at least ten minutes apart.
Bottle 5 ml .