- OPHTHALMOLOGICAL DRUGS
- ANTI-INFECTIVE AGENTS
- Pharmaceutical Form : Eye Drops
- Composition : Diclofenac Sodium 1 mg/1 ml
- Active Substance : Diclofenac Sod
Diclofenac sodium is a none – steroidal anti- inflammatory agent that have demonstrated anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties in clinical studies .
Voltamed ophthalmic solution is indicated in the following cases :
– postoperative inflammatory interferences following cataract extraction , trauma, all
non-infectious inflammatory conditions in the eyes .
– Inhibition of miosis during cataract surgery .
– Hypersensitivity to any components of the product .
– Patients who wear contact lenses should only use Voltamed when the lenses are removed .
Side effects :
– In some cases mild to moderate transient stinging and may be blurred vision
directly after use .
– Rare hypersensitivity reactions such as : itching , redness and photosensitivity .
– There is the potential of cross sensitivity to acetyl salicylic acid, phenylacetic acid derivatives, and other non steroidal anti-inflammatory agents .
– Voltamed ophthalmic solution is no-advisable during pregnancy and lactation .
Dosage & Use :
one drop of Voltamed (1 – 5)times before 3 hours of surgery.
One drop three times daily and continuing through out the first two weeks of the
postoperative period .
Note : once opened the drops must not be used for longer than one month .
Storage Condition :
Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C
Bottle of 5 – 10 ml.